Thank you for volunteering to mentor families in our community. At Corners Outreach, we believe in the Servant Leadership model, which follows these key principles:
- Serve First - In each encounter, ask the question, “How can I serve you?”
- Build Trust - Are you trustworthy? Are you willing to extend trust to others?
- Live Your Values - What are your values? In order to live your values, you must first define them.
- Listen to Understand - Do you talk more than you listen? Can you set aside all distractions and be present for people?
- Think About Your Thinking - What is your attitude as a leader? Are your thoughts about yourself or others holding you back?
- Add Value to Others - Are you a leader who consistently adds value? Do you always have to take the credit?
- Demonstrate Courage - Are you willing to make tough decisions and follow through on them? Do you keep your commitments?
- Increase Your Influence - Will you do what is right even when it may produce an unpopular outcome? Do you strive to be open and authentic with no hidden agendas?
- Live Your Transformation - If you have something, do you share it? If you need something, do you ask for it?